Lisa is a yoga and dance teacher living and practicing in the beautiful New River Valley in Virginia.
She completed her RYT-200 hour training with Nicole Boyle in 2016 at In Balance Yoga in Blacksburg, Virginia, and is pursuing her 300Hr Kunga Yoga Service Leadership Yoga Teacher Training with the Wilmington Yoga Center. She is also trained in:
- 12 hr Yin Yoga with Richard Gartner
- 12 hr Restorative Yoga with Colleen Dwyer
- 11 hr Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga with Gracia Gimse McKinley
- 5 hr Yin Yoga with Cindy Lunsford
- 12 hr NuPowerYoga with Cindy Lunsford.
Lisa studies both classical ballet and modern dance, and teaches classical ballet to all ages as well as ballet-based barre fitness classes to all levels. Lisa began her dance training at the Marion Mease School of Dance in Richmond, Virginia where she studied ballet, jazz, and tap. After a long hiatus, she began taking adult ballet classes at LEAP Dance and Performing Arts Academy in 2013, where she joined the teaching staff from 2015-2017. She has studied under the direction of and taken master classes and seminars with several wonderful teachers including:
- Carol Crawford-Smith (The Center of Dance, Blacksburg, VA; Soloist, Dance Theatre of Harlem)
- Christina Johnson (Ballet Master; Principle Dancer, Dance Theatre of Harlem)
- Jean-Philippe Malaty (Executive Director, Aspen Sante-Fe Ballet)
- Alonzo King (Alonzo King Lines Ballet)
- Kyle Abraham (Abraham in Motion).
Lisa is professional member of the National Dance Education Organization, and is currently pursuing the NDEO Dance Teacher Certification. She infuses elements of her yoga practice including strength, balance, flexibility, and breathing techniques, and a deep knowledge of human anatomy and physiology into her ballet classes.
Lisa received her BS in Biology from The College of William and Mary in 1996 and her MS in Immunology and Microbiology from Virginia Tech in 2002. She has been a teacher for over 20 years in a variety of disciplines including Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Oenology, Analytical Chemistry, and the art of movement. Out of the studio, she loves the outdoors, hiking, the water, finding quiet spaces, and taking her yoga off the mat. Namaste!